Incredible. It is hard to hate a person but it is easy to hate a thing or an idea. If you find yourself thinking hateful thoughts for someone, you should remember that the part that you hate is not all that they are. Just like you are not just your hatred. You are more.
Welcome to Derinkuyu, an underground city that once housed up to 20,000 people. In the Cappadocia region, famous for its cave dwellings and underground villages, Derinkuyu stands out for sheer size and complexity. Locals began digging in the 500s BCE. The city consists of over 600 doors, each of which can be closed from the inside. Each floor could be closed off as well. And just to make attacking completely impossible, the entire city was deliberately built without any logic. Its maze-like layout makes navigating the city nightmarish for unfamiliar invaders.
How is Tcaolin's name pronounced?
Consider also donating in Michael Brown’s name, as the erin e did above.
Let the Ferguson police department know:Ferguson Police Department222 S Florissant RdFerguson, MO 63135314-522-3100
12:01 AM in Ferguson. Curfew broken.
Um, hello. I remember you from that whole Junjou debate and I really admire how you took on all of them. I'm sort of having an internet debate right now and while I kinda sound really firm about my points I'm actually scared shitless from the anonymous attention I'm getting AND IT'S ONLY FROM ONE PERSON. If it's not too much to ask, please shower me with your Wise Words of Wisdom of internet debate oh mighty Faps-sama
It can be overwhelming and frustrating…but it can be a lot of fun too!
I’m no professional or anything but I’ll give you some advice, that I’ll hope will help.
Responding in general:
- Take your time. There’s nothing wrong with a topic firing you up, as long as you can control it and it doesn’t make you behave rashly. Sometimes I’ll rattle off my initial response to an ask, but not publish it. I wait until I’ve settled down to come back and double check it.
- If you’re getting really frustrated. Relax. You don’t need to respond to everything right away. Spend a day away from debating if you need it.
- If you’re getting a lot of asks about something you’ve explained in detail already you can either just refer to where you explained it or not respond. Despite appearance I did not respond to every single ask during that debate for this reason.
- You don’t need to respond if there’s no material in the anon ask to debate with. If it’s just insults, or telling you you’re wrong with nothing to back it up. I also have deleted a bunch of these. (Though I’m bad and like to snark at these from time to time.)
- Do your best to avoid insulting the anon. (I’ll admit I slip up with this a bunch.) You want this to be a debate, not just a “Your momma” contest.
- Stay on topic, and make sure the anon you’re debating does so too.
- Use as many examples as you can while avoiding anecdotal evidence. Link to legit sources if you can.
- Avoid argument fallacies.
- Do your best to listen to their side of the story. Try to see where they’re coming from, and if something they say makes sense to you…let it make sense. Don’t blow it off just because they’re not on your side.
- Don’t be afraid to admit you made a mistake or that the anon has some good points.
I hope that helps! If you need more specific information feel free to let me know.
Take note, Veronica Roth. YOU DO NOT MANUALLY CLICK BULLETS INTO THE CHAMBER, GAWD.
Patreon lets fans support their favorite creators by becoming patrons. Unlike other fundraising services, which raise for a single big event, Patreon is for creators who create a stream of smaller works.
You can chose to donate as much or as little money as you like, either for every page I upload, just a few, or just once a month. With your help, I hope to be able to keep to a more consistent update schedule, and eventually move to uploading multiple pages a week. Your contributions would not only help pay for the materials needed for traditional comic art, but also make it possible to reduce hours at my day job, so I can spend more time on drawing pages.
Of course, I’m not asking for something for nothing. Aside from the warm feeling you get from helping me, every $1+ Patron will be given access to a fun three page, Patreon exclusive Fritz comic! (to be released at the end of June)
$5 patrons will get to enjoy blog posts filled with sketches, previews and other goodies, as well as a monthly Podcast! Each episode will take you through each chapter of Fritz, talking about changes, inspirations and answering any questions you may have! (first one up now!)
All $10 patrons will get all of the above, as well as a bust commission of a character of their choice! (Commissions to be collected end of June)
Please consider supporting Fritz Fargo on Patreon, every little bit helps, and I will be eternally grateful!